Walking down the aisle way, you are greeted by the whinnies of happy horses and ponies. Warm colored wood lines the walls and stall doors. Headed towards the air-conditioned/heated observation room, you pass the grain room, boarder locker room that smells of fresh cedar and saddle leather. A right turn takes you past several more stalls and to the parking lot, or a left turn takes you past several stalls on your way to the 200 x 200 outdoor riding arena, where riders can practice their jumping skills on a full course. Back inside on our way to the observation room the smell of fresh laundry and sweaty horses mix. The laundry room is right next to two grooming stalls, one of which is a wash stall.
Passing a few more stalls and have an option to make a right turn takes you past several more stalls and to the parking lot, or left turn takes you past several stalls on your way to the 200 x 200 outdoor riding arena and paddocks. Continuing down the aisle you’ll pass the bathroom with a shower and the office and at last reach the observation room. Directly ahead you see the 100 x 200 indoor riding arena, which also has room for a full jump course. Stepping into the arena you notice that off to the left there is a smaller arena that is used for lunging and warming up before your lesson. A quick glance at the ceiling of the arena divulges a secret…radiant heating pipes and bright lights perfect for riding on those dark cold winter Michigan days.
Horses have their own piece of heaven when they are turned out in any one of the 4-100,000 plus square foot paddocks. Grazing is made even better when there is a cool, gentle breeze blowing off Lake Saint Clair, which also helps keep those pesky bugs away. Water and shade are a must for any horse. Every paddock has a convenient automatic water system that provides clean, cool fresh water all day long and a 12×24 run in to escape the heat of the sun.
Heaven doesn’t stop outside for the horses. Their 12×12 stalls have the automatic water system as well as a 360 degree-rotating panel where their grain bowl and hayrack is attached. Under the adequate amount of shaving in the stall are thick rubber mats that cover the entire floor. If squishy stall floor aren’t luxury enough each stall has a large window that opens to the outside of the barn, perfect for socializing with friends and getting extra treats!
Bayside Equestrian Center is a state of the art facility with the following amenities:
- 52 – 12 X 12 matted stalls with Dutch doors and windows opening to the outside
- Each stall equipped with Nelson automatic waters
- 2 tack rooms, each with spacious lockable lockers, and storage for tack trunks and blankets
- 4 indoor matted grooming stalls and 2 indoor heated wash racks
- Full service restroom with shower
- Grain room
- 5000 bale hay storage
- Heated with some areas air-conditioned for maximum year round comfort
- 100 X 200 lighted and climate controlled indoor arena, featuring the only Michigan indoor show arena with Euro Footing
- 60 X 60 lighted and climate controlled indoor lunging arena, also with Euro Footing
- 150 X 180 outdoor sand arena
- 4 outdoor white electrically enhanced, PVC fenced pastures each over 100,000 square feet in size, also equipped with automatic waterers and 12 X 24 run ins.
- 3 private turnout paddocks
- Fully equipped 6000 square foot heated service barn including the latest in arena grooming equipment
- Security cameras viewing the entire facility and grounds
- Fully furnished heated and air-conditioned observation room with kitchen and wifi access
- Laundry facilities
- Vending area
- Night check
- Concrete and limestone parking areas for patrons and trailers.